Epsilon Mu chapter began in 1925 as the Pi Tau Phi local sorority at then Iowa State Teachers College. At the time of installation as Epsilon Mu, Pi Tu Phi had a full advisory board. A charter alumna initiate, Sandra Lewis Anthony who was a young faculty member, her mother-in-law Phyllis Penly Anthony, Pi - Iowa State and former Grand Council member Mary Kelly Shearer were the key contacts. The year that Epsilon Mu was installed was also the year that the college became the University of Northern Iowa. Epsilon Mu gained new members when local members of Nu Sigma Phi joined in 1989. The chapter house is located on the "Hill" at 2222 Olive Street, just a block from campus, and houses around 20 members. Charter members Donna Robinson Andreessen and Vonda Mortimore Cummins served on the House Corporation for years. Tammy Brown Dickerson served as an advisor for 15 years while Susan Leyda Smith, Kay Sackville Breuer and Stacy Farmer Sablan have served in many local and international capacities.