Local Kappa Kappa Chi was founded at this small liberal arts college north of Chicago in 1919. They were installed as Beta Rho chapter in 1936, becoming the third national sorority on campus. Chapter meetings and social gatherings were held in a suite in one of the dorms. In the early 1940s, they gave benefit dances for the USO. Beta Rho was always well represented on campus in honor societies, in student organizations, as homecoming queens, in intersorority sing and in intramurals. In 1961, due to faculty resolutions, all sororities withdrew from campus.