Local sorority Gamma Beta Gamma was organized at Wittenberg in Spring 1913, and in November, Chi became the first chapter to be installed as Alpha Delta Pi since the name had just been changed from Alpha Delta Phi the previous June. For the first 10 years, Chi rented various rooms and houses. The current house was purchased in 1926. The house, built in the early 1900s, has been enlarged twice and has an outstanding entry with a circular stairway to the third floor. Numerous members have been chosen "Alma Mater," the highest honor given to a Wittenberg woman, and scholarship and campus activities are always foremost. At the 1927 Convention, the Alpha Delta Pi Blessing, as written by Chi member Helen Davis was presented. In the early 1970s, Chi pledges, using a guitar, wrote the notes for the musical setting of the Fifteenth Psalm. In 1973, Chi was one of three chapter to receive the first Golden Lion Award and they won again in 1983. In 1988, in honor of its 75th anniversary, an "Alpha Delta Pi Achievement Award" was established and each year $1,000 is awarded to an outstanding Greek junior. Grand Council members include Esther Cox Rider, Betty Braun Pitzer and Lindt Lutz Cash. Betty was Alumna of the Year in 1987. Eve Poss Theisen, Patricia Owen Bolla, Marilyn Schoman Jones and Debbie Kuzma Stillings served as international officers for many years. Long-serving advisors include Betty Eckhart Wilkins, Pat Dunn Broderick, and Diane Leach, Phi - Hanover.