Delta Epsilon was founded as the Pieria Society and then became Pi Kappa Alpha before being installed as Delta Epsilon chapter in 1957. The local had a 50-year history and the members had always been known as the "Pis." Jo Steele Pecaut was a member of the local before transferring to Iowa and being initiated into Alpha Beta chapter. Years later she served as the original contact between the local and Alpha Delta Pi. Mary Liljegren was the sponsor and was supportive in their effort to become a national; she was an alumna initiate at installation. Her daughter Linda Liljegren Morsheimer later served Delta Epsilon as chapter president, as well as a TCS and international officer. In the early days the chapter was housed in the college-owned houses, then there was a dormitory lounge, but later they had no assigned facilities. When a new honorary for senior women was organized (LASS - Leadership, Ability, Service, Scholarship), four of the first officers were Delta Epsilons. Another alumna initiate at installation, Mary Cruikshank Grefe was national president of the American Association of University Women and was named Alumna of the Year in 1983. The chapter closed in 2003.