In 1922, local sorority Chi Phi Alpha was organized with the sole purpose of petitioning Alpha Delta Pi. Butler College granted the group permission in 1923 to pursue the petition. Meanwhile, another group formed with the same goal. The groups joined forces and were installed as Alpha Phi chapter in 1925. During the second semester, the sorority house was opened as a residence; previously it was solely for meeting purposes. The chapter moved to a new house in 1930. Alpha Phi had many strong chapter traditions, such as holding fund-raisers for a building fund and establishing a scholarship cup for seniors. As a result of the Depression, the chapter closed in 1933.