Alpha Rho began as a local in the fall of 1922 with the intention of petitioning Alpha Delta Pi. The chapter was installed with 10 charter members in 1923. They moved from their first house to a new residence in 1952. The dining room featured a mural of Paris, France in 1743 - it was a gift from the architect. Laurel Ellis Webster was a founding member, president of the petitioning group and a longtime advisor. The chapter maintained a strong tradition of celebrating Founders' Day with alumnae. In 1957, the Mothers' Club started another special tradition by presenting a cup and saucer to the chapter in honor of their daughters. Later, the seniors took over the tradition and presented a cup and saucer to the chapter, creating the Cup and Saucer Collection, which was always on display. The collection was sent to Memorial Headquarters when the chapter closed in 1987. Jeanette Arrick Robertson served as an international officer and she and her husband, Gib, ran Badge Service for many years.