Gamma chapter began as local sorority Delta Delta Sigma. The chapter could not be "Regularly" installed during the school term due to strict visitor restrictions at what was then a seminary. The 12 original members initiated themselves to the best of their abilities. Faculty opposition ensued and no rushing was allowed after 1908. The chapter was fully disbanded in 1910.