The local Gamma Epsilon was founded in 1945 with the intention of petitioning Alpha Delta Pi. After meeting the university requirement to function as a local for two years, while living in a chapter house, the local petitioned and was installed as the 13th national sorority at Purdue. Much credit for organizing the local and developing the chapter goes to Lois Gaskell Volk, Beta Omega - Auburn. The local and new chapter occupied a rented house at 415 State Street. In 1952, the chapter moved into a new house at 501 Russell Street that had been built with money loaned by the university. It was a New Orleans French-style house of pink brick featuring a wrought-iron porch. Two properties to the north of the house were purchased and used as annexes. In 1986, the House Corporation demolished the annexes and started a new addition that was completed in 1988 and more than doubled the capacity, housing up to 90 members. Marjorye McVicker Mannering, Alpha Omicron - Oklahoma State, served on the House Corporation for many years and Laurene Meece Buxton, known as "Mother B," was housemother for 18 years and was initiated in 1982 when she retired. International officers Marjorie Briscoe Snow and Lindy Juergens served for many years as advisors and on House Corporations. Gamma Epsilon is the home of former International President Chris Stecher Dickey who then went on the NPC delegation. The chapter closed in 1993 and their grand piano is on loan to Beta Alpha at Indiana.