The installation of the first four NPC groups at West Texas State occurred the weekend of October 24-26, 1958. Delta Lambda grew out of local Kappa Tau Phi and welcomed 25 charter members. In the mid-1980s, the women's gymnasium on campus was named in honor of alumna Natalie Flesher Russell, the former chair of the physical education department. Emyle Ruth Hill Cooper and Betty Elroy Wright Sterquell, Delta - Texas, were long-serving advisors. As a result of a poor Panhellenic situation and a declining Greek climate the chapter closed in 1984.