In 1936, a chapter of V.V.V. was founded with principles of scholarship, sportsmanship and leadership. The group later changed its name to Sigma Beta and then was installed as Delta Phi chapter in 1962. They were the second national sorority, as Chi Omega had come on campus a few months earlier. At one time, the chapter owned their own house, but currently all sororities rent homes. Long-serving advisors include Linda Hallgren Kinton, Alpha Beta - Iowa, and Rita Glover Watson, Delta Delta - Arkansas. The chapter won the Golden Lion in 2007.