Local group Zeta Chi was founded in 1926, and maintained the highest academic and moral standards, performed charitable services and supported the university in all aspects. Becoming a chapter of Alpha Delta Pi had long been a desire of the group and that dream was realized in 1958, making Alpha Delta Pi the 10th national sorority at Wayne State. The chapter immediately was involved on campus, chairing the Panhellenic Ball, having sisters tapped into Mortar Board and another being named Homecoming Queen. Marilyn "Sue" Sebastian Bartolameolli was a long-serving international officer. The chapter closed in 1972 due to declining interest in Greek life.