Epsilon was found in 1906 by JeweI Davis Scarborough and Lillian Moore Hume. Louise Culbertson, a member of the first pledge class, served on Grand Council while still a collegian, including service as Acting Grand President from mid-1908 until the convention in 1909 where he presided. Charter member Nettie Barnwell, who also attended the 1909 convention, was truly a woman ahead of her time - she was one of four students on campus selected to attend the Student Volunteer Convention in Kansas City in 1909. She was president of the Newcomb Equal Suffrage Club in 1913, and opened her own business, a book bindery that she called "At the Sign of the Glue Pot." At the 1917 Convention, when it was decided to bind The Adelphean magazines for all chapters, she was selected as the binder and continued as the sorority's official binder for many years. Diphtheria closed thee college for a while in 1912, but fortunately no sisters suffered. Sororities were threatened with banishment in early 1919, but they persevered. From that point Epsilon grew, flourishing on campus and especially in scholarship. However in the 1970s, interest in Greek life declined and the chapter closed in 1977. In addition to Louise Culbertson, Emily Langham and Marilyn Mayer Long served on the Grand Council. The chapter was re-established in late 2013.