Gamma Rho chapter was pledge on Founders' Day, May 15, 1950, and installed on October 14. The chapter was Alpha Delta Pi's first in Arizona and the second national group at ASU. Charter members were members of Philomathian, an old and well-established group on campus that was founded in 1903 as a literary society for men and women. It disbanded in 1921 and reorganized in 1930 as a local sorority. The chapter has occupied a dorm floor for many years, but moved to new facilities in 2001. There is a large Philomathian bench on campus donated by Blanche Pilcher, a Philomathian and Gamma Rho charter member. The chapter proudly takes responsibility for cleaning the bench. The chapter also has donated to the restoration of Old Main, where chapter meetings were held in the early 1950s. Betty Kerseg Greenwood, Alpha Chi - UCLA, served on House Corporation for 25 years. Other long-serving international officers include Anne Metzger Eggert, Peggy Britt Kent and Norma Erickson Poling, as well as Susan Ballenberger Hibler who was named Alumnae of the Year for Community Service in 1995.