Gamma Tau was formed from the local Beta Chi Alpha that was founded in October 1950. Gamma Tau was installed in 1951 as the second NPC group on campus. In 1953, they moved into their new house with porches that stretched across the entire back of the house, looking out across Lake Champlain. The house was sold in 1992 after Gamma Tau members took alumna status in the fall of 1991 to allow the international organization to recolonize. Members of Gamma Lambda from Rhode Island assisted with rush and Eta Omicrons from Western Connecticut assisted with the initiation of the 16 new Gamma Tau members on April 25, 1993. Since recolonization, the chapter has won Greek awards and has had several sisters named Greek Woman of the Year. Cassie Gibson Sherry is a long-serving international officer.