National sororities were invited to become a part of the campus in the spring of 1949. Local sorority Gamma Delta Chi, founded in 1931, had an excellent record on campus. They petitioned Alpha Delta Pi and were installed at the Gamma Delta Chi sorority house. Joining Alpha Delta Pi as the first NPC groups on campus were Kappa Alpha Theta, Pi Beta Phi, Chi Omega, Sigma Kappa, Delta Gamma and Alpha Phi. The chapter moved into a historic estate in 1952. Located near the college, the view overlooked the city and ocean on one side and mountains on the other. Their permanent home, adjacent to campus and within walking distance of the Pacific Ocean, was completed in 1961. The chapter has a tradition of playing sand volleyball on the beach. The Parents Club is involved in many aspects of the chapter's life. Dianne Lowe Pannkuk, Alpha Chi - UCLA, and Mary Ann Fowler Burgess have long service records to Gamma Xi.