Alpha Beta Tau, established as a local secret society at Brenau College in 1904, was always one of the top two groups on campus. The society competed for and received selection by Alpha Delta Phi to become the first national group on campus. Lambda has occupied several college-owned houses, currently residing in what was formerly the barn beyond the stables for the students' horses. Because of the close proximity to Wesleyan, several Alpha members served as early advisors to Lambda, and when Alpha closed, many of their furnishings were sent to Lambda and are still used today. The 1851 grand piano was moved to Memorial Headquarters in 2008, after being restored by the sorority. Louise Hancock Owens made a sizable donation to Brenau for a student center, now the Owens Student Center, and gave generously to the chapter. Grand Council members include Rosabelle Brown, Kathleen Sutton Rowe and Dorothy Warthen Candler. Martha Emma Watson Anderson served as Adelphean Editor, Grand Historian and in many other ways. Ann Freeman Murrah, Kathy Herrington DeLoach and Maureen Wallace Abney have long service records. Carol Ann Shumake Ligon was a long-serving advisor and Tyler Lawrence Bradley has served as an advisor to several chapters.