In 1910, the National Council asked Abigail Davis, Zeta - Southwestern, to colonize a chapter at Randolph-Macon Woman's College. She transferred to the college and founded Nu chapter as the eighth sorority on campus. Nu began with no campus meeting room, but in their first year completed the daunting task of financing and building the "first little spot in the pines." Their first meeting in the new lodge, which was the first sorority lodge on campus, was on April 15, 1911. Once settled in their home, Nu members started a tradition of excelling in scholastics, philanthropies and leadership. In May 1960, the Board of Trustees removed all sororities from campus, ending 50 years of a strong presence on campus. Irene Dillard Elliott was the first Dean of Women at the University of South Carolina and the first woman to receive a Ph.D. from that institution. Bessie Mary Dudley Baird and Alpha Penn Blind served on Grand Council. The college name changed in 2007.