In the early years of Iowa State, fraternities and sororities were abolished, but the ban was lifted in 1904. That same year, a friendship club called Inomene Feliae, or the Unnamed Girls, organized, and for six years they continued, living in Margaret Hall dormitory. In 1910, the club reorganized as a local sorority, petitioned Alpha Delta Phi, and Pi chapter was installed in 1911. Pi rented several houses before building on Sorority Circle in the late 1920s. Charter member Ada Hayden was the first woman to receive a Ph.D. from Iowa State, and in 1938, Margaret Sloss was the first woman awarded a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Mary Kelly Shearer served on Grand Council and was Alpha Delta Pi's Business Manager from 1919 to 1925, establishing the sorority's first Central Office in her home. Pi also is home to Susan Jervis Kennedy an Adelphean staff member for 20 years. Jean McNaught served as Iowa State Membership Chairman for 15 years, while Jeri Larsen Braun and Judy Muessel Nelson were longtime Province Presidents. Beverly Schlacks Madden has served the House Corporation for more than 30 years. Pi was awarded the Golden Lion Award in 1985. In conjunction with their 75th anniversary in 1986, a Pi scholarship was established through the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation. A major house refurbishing project was completed for the 100th anniversary.