Alpha Xi grew out of the local Kappa Phi Delta which was founded in 1919. It enjoyed success for years, producing many leaders and winning the Diamond Four-Point Award many times. However, the university climate changed and the chapter closed in 2002. The house was sold to Phi Gamma Delta fraternity. Long-serving alumna Nancy Gilmore ensured that a large brick sculpture was dismantled and preserved. Nancy and her sister hauled it to Atlanta to donate it to the sorority and it now hangs on the exterior of Executive Office. Lois Poulson Staker served on Grand Council and Jean James Demorest was Adelphean Editor. As a Province Director, Helen Nice Cummings installed Alpha Tau and Alpha Upsilon chapters. Irene Hirsch was Alumna of the Year in 1969. Nancy Davis Cochran, Laura Taylor Lowther and Debbie Shade Casey have long international service records.