A group of friends, mostly daughters of faculty, organized the Scarabean Club, the first social club for women on campus, in late 1924. When sororities were allowed, the club petitioned Alpha Delta Pi and a charter was granted making Beta Epsilon the first to hold a national charter at the university. Throughout the years Beta Epsilon's housing has been varied - from owning a home, to renting an apartment, to occupying a chapter room in a sorority dorm. In 2004, they moved into a beautiful new home in a newly constructed Greek Village. In the early 1930s, Beta Epsilon won the only sports competition on campus and became the first Greek organization to give a tea honoring the faculty. The chapter often is first in scholarship, named "Outstanding Sorority" and received the Golden Lion Award three times. Helen Anderson Pruitt, Dede Hines Ward, Karen Moon Keels, Janis Kruger Leaphart and Belinda Beheler Gillespie have served in countless ways. Former President of Wesleyan College Dr. Nora Kizer Bell, a member of Pi Beta Phi, served as their faculty advisor for 15 years.