In 1930, Brooklyn College was formed from the Brooklyn branches of Hunter College and the College of the City of New York. Nine 1930 initiates of Beta Delta chapter at Hunter were left without a home. Their hard work paid off, as they became the charter members of Beta Lambda when it was installed in the Tree of Life Room of the Panhellenic House in New York City. The chapter's last house was on East 27th Street in Flatbush. The chapter closed in 1972 during a time when interest in Greek life was declining.