Salem College, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, March 25, 1905-1909
Installed in March 1905 with 13 charter members, Beta was one of two sororities at Salem College. In 1909 in a farewell to The Adelphean, their closing was addressed: "This is an old Moravian school and the trustees think that sororities are detrimental to the general welfare of the college." Before departing campus, Beta's meeting hall furnishings were sold, and with thee money, a statue was given to the college in memory of sister Helen Wilde who died the summer she graduated. The statue now sits in the office of Dr. Rose Simon, Director of Libraries.