University of Texas, Austin, Texas, June 7, 1906
Our oldest chapter, Delta was the first at a class "A" university. Jewel Davis Scarborough, Alpha, who had transferred to the university, was instrumental in establishing the chapter. The early 1920s were difficult with university anti-sorority legislation; however, Delta continued to hold the scholarship cup and never faltered. Although the chapter has had several residences, they have occupied their current house since 1970. This three-story New Orleans colonial structure has as its heart an 1871 historic home and features a small enclosed-pool between the old and new houses. Through the years, Delta members have made countless contributions tot he campus, and to Alpha Delta Pi. Claudia Brahm Little translated our secret motto into Greek and served as the first Registrar. in 1930, the first sweetheart at University of Texas was Myrle Daunoy Tyson. Mabelle Fuller Sperry served as Grand President and Eunice Lewis was Grand Secretary-Treasurer and Grand Historian. Lucille Terrell Walters organized the Mothers' Club program and served as an international officer of 20 years. Mary Ann Maley was Alumna of the Year in 1985. Kay Dyche Weed was the first president of the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation. From the 1940s through the 1980s, Nan Williams Bray, Elizabeth "Skeet" Rice Finks, Betty-Love Rugeley Price and Lucile Williams were the moving forces of the advisory board and House Corporation. At the 2000 Founders' Day, awards for more than 20 years of service were made to Estelle Dooley Fancher, Yvonne Gebhard Gardner and Nancy Helf Winfield, Also recognized was Debbie Ellis, longtime chapter advisor and Province Director. Jeannene Fox Mills has served as an advisor for many years. Delta is a four-time Golden Lion Award winner. In 2006, they became the first chapter to celebrate a 100th anniversary.