University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa, March 21, 1907-1909; re-established February 14, 1931
Eta began as local Pi Kappa Alpha and enjoyed a promising start, but the university did not favor co-education and there were not enough female students to sustain the chapter so they surrendered their charter at the 1909 Convention. Eta was reestablished in 1931, with the local Beta Phi as pledges. The chapter moved into a Southern colonial-style house in late 1931 - the first brick sorority house on campus. Eta's house and Kappa Delta's are the only Greek houses on campus listed on the State's Historical Registry. Anna Trott Hunter Little was the first woman at Alabama to receive an M.S. degree and the first woman on faculty. Ben Avis Adams Orcutt was the first director of the doctoral program in social work and in 1984 a scholarship was endowed in her name. Jane Kimbrough Dishuck was the first woman president of the Tuscaloosa County Bar Association and the first woman chairman of the Board of the United Methodist Church. Wildie Hibbler Couric served on the Grand Council. Carolyn Zerfas Machens, Sigma - Illinois, and Jennifer Goode Davis were long-serving advisors while Patty Culbert Natter and Cynthia Hudson Brast are long-serving international officers. Eta won the Golden Lion in 2009.