Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, January 16, 1909
Local sorority Theta Sigma became Iota chapter at what was then Florida State Woman's College in 1909 and began their outstanding record on campus. In 1923 the group purchased their first house, and in 1932 moved into a new Southern colonial home to which a bedroom wing addition was completed in 1962. Charter member Rosa Longmire Williams served on Grand Council as Treasurer, then as Grand Historian from 1918 to 1925, preserving many important records that made this book possible. Elizabeth Bethune McDonald, Mary Stallings Singleton and Martha Bedell Alexander served as international officers for many years. Eleanor Mizell McMullen was Alumna of the Year in 1971. Sally Toth Lane, Gail Palmer Harris, Sue Pendarvis McKemie and Marty Bearden Quinn, Delta Sigma - Ole Miss, have long records of local service. In 1973, Iota received the first Golden Lion Award, along with Chi and Beta Omega.