Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, May 29, 1914-1985; re-established February 11, 2017
Local sorority Sigma Beta Tau organized in 1913 at Louisiana State University for mutual benefit, protection and raising the standards of college life. This group was installed as Omega chapter, completing the first chapter roll, on May 29, 1914. They occupied several houses until the university moved from the heart of Baton Rouge to a new campus outside of the city at which time the chapter had to give up its house and live in a dormitory. A new house, that overlooked the Mississippi River, became home in 1930. The chapter was in a Panhellenic suite in the early '60s, and then in 1965, LSU approved sorority houses on campus and Alpha Delta Pi was among the first 12 to build. Traditionally, the chapter was strong in scholarship and active on campus, with numerous sisters tapped for Mortar Board. In the mid-1970s, Dana Robert was the first woman in the history of the university to be elected to an executive position in the Student Government Association. Helen Burkhart Prehn was a Grand Council member and has served for more than 50 years. Catherine Vines Davis and Debbie Dunne Brennan served in many ways, including several years as international officers. Anne Manon Walker served as an early Adelphean Editor. The chapter closed in 1985. The chapter was re-established in February 2017.