Queens University of Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina, February 6, 1931
Originally a local sorority at Queens College, Chi Sigma Alpha was founded in 1924 with the goal of fellowship and service. Beta Iota chapter was installed on February 6, 1931, simultaneously with Beta Kappa chapter at the University of British Columbia. Beta Iota's original chapter house was built in 1929 by the local group. The house was torn down to make way for a new library, and Beta Iota placed a sundial in front of the library on the spot of the old house. In 1958, the chapter moved into a college-built lodge. Beta Iota received the Golden Lion Award in 1977. Charter member June Tweed Shore served as an advisor and Province President for many years. Jean Henninger Smith was our first professional Archivist at Executive Office preserving old records and conducting research used in More Sisters.