University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, June 7, 1936-1998
Beta Pi began in 1924 as the local Phi Beta and then became a chapter of Phi Delta, a small national. On campus Phi Delta was recognized for leadership and scholarship ability, and was subsequently released to petition other national sororities. Beta Pi was installed in 1935 as the 18th sorority at the University of Cincinnati. In 1938, the chapter acquired a house across from the main entrance to the campus, with a new addition completed in 1959. Dr. Joan Snavely Reisch Boddie was Alumna of the Year in 1977. Violet Diller was a long-serving alumna as was Maxine Johnston who also served as an international officer and was active with the Dandy Lions. Jane Sellman also served for many years as an international officer. Charlotte Pylant Endorf, Delta Gamma - Arizona, served as an advisor for many years. The chapter closed in 1998.