University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, April 26, 1940
The weekend of April 26, 1940 was special with a province convention and the installation of Beta Phi chapter. The chapter was founded as the local Alpha Delta three years earlier, with the intention of petitioning Alpha Delta Pi - the three-year period was required by the university. Installation was held at the Mayflower Hotel for 19 collegians and six alumnae. In 1957, alumnae bought a chapter house where the chapter resided until 1985. The chapter was recolonized during the next school year, however, the chapter house was rented to another group and later sold. In 1993, the chapter moved to its current house, which is owned by the university and was recently renovated.