Beta Chi

Queens College of CUNY, Flushing, New York, May 17, 1940-1971

Local sorority Gamma Phi was concerned about being a small group with little tradition and no guarantee of future unity among its members so the group petitioned Alpha Delta Pi, and Beta Chi was installed in 1940 as the first national sorority at Queens College. During installation weekend, members were entertained at Alpha Delta Pi Day at the World's Fair. The chapter closed in 1971 due to declining interest in Greek organizations.