Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, October 24, 1942
Beta Omega was the first wartime installation of Alpha Delta Pi. Along with Iota and Chi chapters, Beta Omega won the Golden Lion Award when it was introduced in 1973, and they have received it 11 times total. Cindy Holland was elected the first woman president of the Student Government Association. Beloved long-serving dorm mother Fannie Flourney Herren was initiated in 1978. Gladys Stewart served as a chapter advisor from the chapter's founding until the early 1970s. She and her husband, Glenn, did not have children and considered the women to be their family. When she died, the entire chapter served as pallbearers. Pat Johnson Evans followed Gladys as chapter advisor, serving until 1990 when she became an international officer and was named Advisor Emeritus. She served as International Vice President of Finance. Janet Landers Morelock also served on Grand Council. Charter member Carolyn Clay Biggin and Betty Bledsoe Gilmer served for many years as international officers. Nan Shell Van Patten had a long record of international service as did her daughter, Seay Van Patten Poulakos. Other long-serving advisors include Loraine Ingram, Carolyn Brown Burkhalter, Jane Kelbe Buntin and Fran Boddie Pick-Dillard, Beta Nu - Georgia, as well as, former international officers Jane Brown Teel and Tracey Walling Buckingham. Claire Brown Gwaltney has had many roles, including International President. Beta Omega moved from Berta Dunn Hall, their home for nearly 50 years, to Magnolia Hall in a new student village in 2009. It houses 40 women and has a large chapter room, kitchen and living area.