University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, March 17, 1947-1970
Gamma Zeta chapter was colonized by Field Counselor Betty Bissell Jones Hall, Alpha Phi - Butler, and Ellen Hopkins Ryan, Alpha Omicron - Oklahoma State, who enrolled in graduate school for the purpose of colonizing the chapter. A house was secured at 519 Boulevard before the chapter was installed. A new house, which accommodated 60 members, was completed in 1960 and dedicated by Grand President Maxine Blake during State Day festivities. The Dad's Club engineered and financed the parking lot. Sue Hargrove Chaney served for many years as an international officer. Long-time advisor Molly Levite Griffis is the author of several books and spoke at the 2000 Volunteer Leadership Seminar. T. May Scott Soule, Alpha Omicron - Oklahoma State, served 20 years on Gamma Zeta's House Corporation and was State Membership Chairman for 20 years. Gamma Zeta closed in 1970 and the chapter's grand piano was sent to Alpha Omicron at Oklahoma State.