Wagner College, Staten Island, New York, May 6, 1950
Gamma Pi was formed from Tau Lambda Chi, a local that was the first sorority recognized at Wagner College. The local was organized in 1941 with the objectives of promoting both scholarship and fellowship. Gamma Pi was installed on May 5, 1950 becoming the first national sorority on campus. The chapter maintains an outstanding record of community service, supporting various Staten Island charities by participating in Wagner's Campus Community Chest.