Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, April 7, 1951-1989
Alpha Delta Pi's "centennial chapter" was installed in April 1951, just one month before our 100th birthday, with 30 collegiate and 45 alumnae initiates. Gamma Sigma grew out the six-year-old local Theta Phi and joined a large Greek system at Bowling Green. Being the youngest national on campus, membership numbers grew gradually, but steadily. Members were active on campus and received many honors. Their university-owned chapter house was on Sorority Row and housed 20 members. Sandra Sperzel Honemann served for many years as a Province Director and Music Chair. Former Foundation Trustee, Carolyn Key Hazen, also served as a Province President. The chapter closed in 1989.