Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas, April 16, 1955
In the summer of 1954, TCU's administration decided to open the campus to fraternities and sororities. Grand Council member Lilita Wilson McCorkle was on the faculty and was instrumental in the colonization. Installation took place in 1955 with a quota of 21 charter members. The chapter occupies space in Frances Sadler Hall on the Worth Hills campus. The dorm was built by TCU in 1963, and has been remodeled and redesigned several times, most recently by alumna Dinah Joyner Martinec. Features include an original violet painting created for the chapter, the chapter room doors are set with diamond-shaped door handles with Alpha Delta Pi Greek letters, the faux-finished ceilings have silver and gold diamonds surrounding each light fixture symbolizing the points of the diamond of our badge. Seven members of Gamma Chi helped to charter the Student Foundation in 1976. Sharon McCleskey Wylie served as an NPC alternate delegate and in many other ways. Other alumnae with long records of local and international service include Sue Morris McWilliams, Renee Onstot Clark, Melanie Herweck Hanna and Judy Romer Nutter who also served as Exhibits co-chair for the 150th Convention.