University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, March 9, 1957-2005; re-established November 8, 2008
Charter member Marsha Hatch Coleman, a transfer from Gamma Rho at Arizona State, was instrumental in founding Delta Gamma. The chapter house was completed in 1957 and a large addition that doubled the sleeping capacity was finished in the '60s. Charlotte Pylant Endorf served for many years as an international officer. Long-serving advisor Nell Lowman Carlston, Zeta - Southwestern, was honored at the 2000 Founders' Day. Polly Skaalure Robertson, Alpha Omega - Oregon State, also worked with the chapter for years after retiring to Arizona. Delta Gamma closed in 2005 with an agreement to come back in 2009 and the house was rented to the university. Recruitment numbers spiked and we were invited back a year early. The house was renovated and 151 collegians and two alumnae were initiated at the installation. The chapter excelled immediately and had well over 200 members with an Alpha class of 79 in fall 2010. Peggy Britt Kent, Gamma Rho - Arizona State, and Linda Phillips Allen, Kappa - Samford, were instrumental in the recolonization.