Texas State University, San Marcos, May 7, 1966
Epsilon Zeta's roots began in 1902 when the Shakespearean Literary Society was founded just three years after the school, which was then known as San Marcos Normal, was established. In 1957, the name changed to Delta Sigma Delta and the group was installed in 1966. In 1992, the chapter purchased a historic home, which houses 10 members and was built the same year that the Shakespearean Society was formed. Barbara Hemsworth Deily, Gamma Beta - Northwestern, and her husband, Fred, then president of the House Corporation, were largely responsible for the acquisition of the property. The house's immediate past owner was Mary Ann Tiner Ennis, granddaughter of the original owner and an Epsilon Zeta alumna. The dedication coincided with the chapter's 25th anniversary. English professor Mary Louise Hightower was not an Alpha Delta Pi, but served as chapter advisor from the 1940s through the 1960s. A member of the local and Epsilon Zeta, Pat Reynolds Pohl was a long-time advisor. Linda Cliett Gilcrease, also a member of the local and Epsilon Zeta, served as chapter advisor for many years. Charter President Kathy Brown Petitt was involved for years with the chapter and House Corporation. Charlene Fronkier Onstot, Alpha Omicron - Oklahoma State, served for many years on the House Corporation, as an advisor and international officer. Laura Latiolais Duhon served as an advisor for years.