Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, Georgia, March 9, 1968
Gamma Sigma Upsilon was a local sorority founded in 1955 to help with freshman orientation. The local was installed as Epsilon Pi in 1968. The chapter was the second national at GSU and the sixth chapter in Georgia. They were the second sorority to build a house on Greek Row, choosing an antebellum style that was dedicated in November 1993. Epsilon Pi ranks first in scholarship consistently among more than 15 Greek groups. Fay Foy Smith Franklin, Lambda - Brenau, was instrumental in bringing the chapter to campus and served for many years. Susan Swicord Mathews served as an advisor from 1981 to 1994, was Province Director and a Grand Council member. She also has served on House Corporation for years along with Karen Wright David, Beta Nu - Georgia. Margaret Blacker Middleton served in many ways and was chair of the Atlanta Volunteers for the 150th Convention. Alicia Edwards and Lynda Nix Waller have long service records.